Today and in the future
• Boskalis has signed a contract in October 2023 with Dutch shipbuilding company Royal IHC to build a large state-of-the-art trailing suction hopper dredger. The award of the contract follows an extensive design phase. The vessel will have a hopper capacity of 31,000 cubic meters and will be built at the IHC yard in Krimpen aan den IJssel, the Netherlands, over the next few years.
• In 2023 the conversion of the Bokalift 2 was finalized. This DP2 crane vessel has a revolving crane with a lifting capacity of 4,000 tons capable of lifting structures more than 100 meters high. The vessel has 7,500 m2 of free deck space and can accommodate 150 persons.
• In 2020 the sister vessel of the self-propelled megacutter Helios was taken into service: the krios measures 152 by 28 meters and will be able to dredge in extremely hard ground at a depth of 6 to 35 meters. With a total installed power of 23,700 kW, a total pumping power of 15,600 kW and a maximum cutter power of 7,000 kW, the Krios will be one of the most powerful cutter dredgers in the dredging industry.
• In 2018 Boskalis took the Bokalift 1 into service: a conversion of semi-submersible heavy transport vessel Finesse into a transportation & installation vessel, including a self-propelled 3,000 mt crane. It can execute transportation as well as installation or decommissioning services. Due to its DP-2 capabilities there is no loss time for anchor spread deployment. The vessel can accommodate 150 persons and has a helicopter deck for offshore transfers.
• Self-propelled megacutter Helios - Boskalis has designed and built a new self-propelled mega cutter suction dredger, with a total installed power of 23,700 kW and a pump ashore capacity of 15,600 kW. Delivered in July 2017.